Over 20 Years Experience
Located in downtown San Jose for over 20 years, chef/owner Jennifer continues family tradition by offering generous portions of authentic cuisine. Recently moving the fine-dining restaurant from Race Street to the art district of downtown; we are now located inside the SoFA Market on 1st street. Our Urban Eatery is one of the finest in all of Silicon Valley.
Order your favorites and sit anywhere. Seating is first come, first serve in a community dining area at the market. Outdoor front patio is dog friendly!
• 2004 Top 50 Best Spanish Restaurant in America- Hispanic Magazine 2004
• 2018- 2001 Best Cuban/Caribbean Restaurant in Silicon Valley- Metro San Jose
• 2014 Sip of Soup Award from SHPNA/The Alameda Business Association
• 2013 Best Latin/Spanish Restaurant Silicon Valley- Metro 2013
• Best of Silicon Valley - Metro, 2012
• 2012 Best of San Jose Award - US Commerce Association
• Best Bites 2011 - South Bay Accent
• Top 200 Bay Dining Spots in Silicon Valley - South Bay Accent, 2011
• 2011 Best Cuban-Local - Eats.com
• Best Cuban Restaurant - Metro, 2011
• Best Cuban, Bay Area - Wave Magazine, 2009 & 2010
• Diners' Choice Winner - OpenTable.com, 2009
• Best Cuban - Metro, 2008 & 2009
• Best of Silicon Valley - San Jose Magazine, 2008
• Audience Winner: Family-Friendly Dining & Group Dining - Best of City Search, 2007
• #1 Hidden Gem, San Jose - Silicon Valley Concierge Association, 2007
• Best Romantic Dining - San Jose Mercury News, 2006
• Best Comfort Food, Fine Dining, Best Sandwich and Upscale Dining - Best of City Search, City Search.com, 2005
• Best of Silicon Valley - San Jose Magazine, 2005
• "Best Small Plates / Tapas" - Best of City Search, City Search.com, 2004
• Best Hispanic Restaurant, Silicon Valley - Silicon Valley Concierge Assoc., 2004
• Best Cuban Restaurant in the Bay Area -Wave Magazine, 2004
• Best of Silicon Valley - "Cuban Food" - Editors Pick Metro, 2003
• Best of the Valley - San Jose Magazine, 2002-2003
• Best of the Bay - Wave Magazine, 2003
• Best Authentic Restaurant of the Valley - San Jose Magazine, 2003
• Top 50 Best Spanish Restaurants in the Country - Hispanic Magazine, 2002
The cuban torta was very good 😊👌
Dios mío, the ropa vieja and plantains are so good. Walking distance from San Jose State. Tricky to find- it’s located inside a “Market” that’s like a food court.
Note the food coming out this little restaurant, one of the nest in the area, out of the three locations for Cuban food this one ranks #1 on this visit to the San Francisco area. The vaca frita and black beans were out of this world. Now it’s a little hard to find, as it’s part of a food court in the SOFA Market building, google maps takes you there, at first I graded the maps app as :(. But then realized it was working fine. Kind of a lost treasure- make the drive my friends and go find it !!
Seriously amazing food. Since we moved to the area, Habana has become a staple for us. The pork is so good! We have had several sides and other orders too and it’s all bee great. Try to order direct from their site for pickup. It’s done on time and fantastic too!
I've been going to this place for 15 years Jenny the owner has done an absolute excellent job with her food consistency of her product